Strength, Focus and Ease: Preparing for Birth with Prenatal Yoga: NOW VIRTUAL FOR 2020/2021!
Since 2005, these classes has provided many women with a supplement to their childbirth education and preparation, and many babies with happier, healthier moms!
In this class you will learn techniques to support your changing body and prepare you for childbirth, such as:
- Yoga-based relaxation skills for cultivating present moment awareness, mindfulness and focus
- Breathing practices for calming the mind and the nervous system, as well as breath work suitable for labor
- Yoga postures for strengthening leg, hip and back muscles to help you prepare for the athletic feat of childbirth
- Tools to cultivate positive thinking and letting go of worry
Each class will be built around one of these four themes and will always include breathing, stabilizing postures, safe stretching, pelvic floor and core strengthening, relaxation and a brief meditation. Read more about our philosophy and background here.
Grateful Yoga is committed to offering expecting parents yogic tools to prepare for birth and new parenthood.
- Saturdays, 8:30-9:30a with Cassie Rodgers, registered prenatal yoga teacher (RPYT)
- Wednesdays, 5:30-6:30pm with Lela Beem, yoga therapist & registered prenatal teacher (RPYT)
- How much?
Prenatal yoga is most effective when done frequently. We recommended two classes a week, if possible, throughout your pregnancy. Your body and your baby will thank you!
DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, ALL CLASSES WILL BE HELD VIA ZOOM
Prenatal Class Pricing
Single class 4 classes Monthly Unlimited $18 $65 $85 no expiration $16.25/class,
can be used at Gentle or Hatha classes as well
$8.50/class or lower,
includes other studio classes,
30 day expiration
Please reserve in advance through our online system (details here). Once you pay for classes in person on online, you will get a MindBody login that allows you to reserve for 30 days.
- How do I pay?
- Pay by cash, check or credit card at your first class, or buy a class or membership online. Payments and reservations must be made online for all classes.
- Please pay with either a single class, a 4 class prenatal package or a monthly unlimited prenatal package. If you are a student or have financial need, please choose the $12/class or 6 classes for $60 option when you check out, or just email us.
- Cancellations and missed classes
- Partial or full refunds are honored at any time due to complications, emergencies or early baby arrival!
- Still unclear?
- Looking for more education that you can do with your birth partner? Join us for Yoga for Labor, a 3 hour workshop for expecting couples to learn the basics! Go here to see the full list of dates in the area.