Strength, Focus and Ease: Preparing for Birth with Prenatal Yoga
Since 2005, this class has provided many women with a supplement to their childbirth education and preparation, and many babies with happier, healthier moms!
In this class you will learn techniques to support your changing body and prepare you for childbirth, such as:
- Yoga-based relaxation skills for cultivating present moment awareness, mindfulness and focus
- Breathing practices for calming the mind and the nervous system, as well as breath work suitable for labor
- Yoga postures for strengthening leg, hip and back muscles to help you prepare for the athletic feat of childbirth
- Tools to cultivate positive thinking and letting go of worry
Each class will be built around one of these four themes and will always include breathing, stabilizing postures, safe stretching, pelvic floor and core strengthening, relaxation and a brief meditation. Read more about our philosophy and background here.
Grateful Yoga is committed to offering women yogic tools to prepare for birth and new parenthood. Our classes are taught by Yoli Maya Yeh, certified doula, and Bailey Shea, Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher. Lela Beem is currently on hiatus from teaching.
- Sundays, 12:15-1:30 with Yoli Maya Yeh, Certified Doula
- Wednesdays, 5:30-6:30pm with Bailey Shea, Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher
- How much?
Prenatal yoga is most effective when done frequently. We recommended two classes a week, if possible, throughout your pregnancy. Your body and your baby will thank you!
Single class 4 classes Monthly Unlimited $18 $60 $85 no expiration $60/class,
can be made-up at Gentle or Hatha 1 classes,
6 week (42 day) expiration
$8.50/class or lower,
includes other studio classes,
30 day expiration
- Reservations are required
You can only be guaranteed your space if you reserve in advance through our online system (details here). Once you pay for classes in person on online, you will get a MindBody login that allows you to reserve for the whole month.
- How do I pay?
- Pay by cash, check or credit card at your first class, or buy a class or membership online. Payments and reservations must be made online for all classes. You will need to make a purchase in order to be added to the wait-list, but will only be used once you have attended.
- Cancellations and missed classes
- If you can tell us in advance that you plan to miss class, you can make up at one of our other Hatha/Basics/Gentle classes, or have your package extended by one additional week (once). If you don't cancel your reservation in advance and someone is turned away, a class will be deducted from your package.
- Partial or full refunds are honored at any time due to complications, emergencies or early baby arrival!
- Still unclear?
- Looking for more education that you can do with your birth partner? Join us for Yoga for Labor, a 2.5 hour workshop for expecting couples to learn the basics! Next workshop at Grateful Yoga is Friday, Dec 16 at 6:30p. Go here to see the full list of dates in the area.